What are the main signs of abuse in nursing homes?
Nursing home abuse is a grave problem that can affect all the parties involved. This abuse can lead to future disabilities, severe medical issues, and even death. So, you need to get in touch with an experienced nursing home abuse lawyer to get the right compensation you or your loved one deserves.
Unfortunately, many cases of abuse go unnoticed or unreported for extended time-period. Several signs or symptoms of elder abuse do overlap with mental disorder’s symptoms. So, if you suspect that your loved one is being abused in the nursing home, but are not sure, you need to look for the clusters of the following warning signs.
Warning signs of physical abuse
- Bone fractures
- Bruises, cuts
- Drug overdoses
- Broken eyeglasses or frame
- Rope marks on wrists
Warning signs of sexual abuse
- Bloody, torn or stained underclothing
- Analysis of sexually transmitted diseases
- Unexplained anal or vaginal bleeding
- Bruises on the thighs or external genitals
Warning signs of emotional abuse
- Murmuring, mumbling or rocking
- Apparent fear when a particular caregiver is present
- Threatening, belittling, or controlling caregiver behavior
Warning signs of financial abuse
- Bills that go unpaid
- Missing property or money
- Unexplained financial transactions, including large withdrawals
- A sudden change in a senior’s financial condition
By identifying the signs of abuse, you can prevent your loved one from any harm or neglect.
Fitapelli & Kurta Attorneys At Law Can Help You!
Are you suspecting that your loved one is a victim of abuse in the nursing home? Get in touch with our nursing home abuse attorney as soon as possible for a legal consultation. At Fitapelli & Kurta Attorneys At Law, we will help you get the right compensation, and also assist you in stopping abuse or neglect in the nursing home.